page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-349,bridge-core-3.0.1,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-theme-ver-29.2,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.7.0,vc_responsive


Visiting—do you need a TRV or eTA?

Are you planning to travel to Canada to visit family, as a tourist, an international student or temporary foreign worker? Are you unsure of the application type to for your specific purposes? We can help. From providing initial consultations to assisting with Temporary Resident Visas (TRV), electronic Travel Authorizations (eTA) or other documents, Kanset will ensure your visit to Canada is a smooth process.

There are two types of authorizations required for a visit to Canada:

  1. Temporary Resident Visa (TRV): Everyone—except visitors from visa-exempt countries—who enters Canada on a temporary basis must apply for and receive a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also known as a Visitor or Tourist Visa. A TRV can be issued for single or multiple entries.
  2. Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA): required for applicants from visa-exempt countries. There are exemptions: i.e. citizens of USA, transit visa holders from certain countries, etc.

Kanset can assist you with determining the right type of application; duration for the intended stay; and the best way to apply for the visa. We can also assist with issues of inadmissibility, proof of financial support (which is required for all TRV applications) or if a medical exam is needed for your application.

Have questions about visiting Canada?

Working—coming to Canada as a temporary foreign worker

Are you interested in travelling to Canada as a temporary foreign worker? You’re not alone, as more than 300,000 temporary foreign workers come to Canada every year.

Most temporary foreign workers with a job offer from a Canadian employer require a Temporary Work Permit. Based on factors such as your profession, skill level and the location of the job in Canada, Kanset determines whether a work permit is necessary, which permit category is most suitable, and evaluates each individual application to streamline the process and maximize your chances of success.

If immigration is your goal, we can advise on combining a Temporary Work Permit with an application for Permanent Residence (dual intent), ensuring your goals and individual circumstances are matched with the best path for work and immigration success. Please see our Immigrate page for more information.

We offer a comprehensive list of work permit services tailored to each unique situation:

  • Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • Owner/Operator Work Permits
  • Open Work Permits (OWP)
  • Bridging Work Permits (BOWP)
  • Post-Graduate Work Permits (PGWP)
  • Port of Entry Work Permit applications

LMIA Exempt Work Permits:

  • International agreements (NAFTA)
  • Intra-Company Transferees
  • International Experience Canada (IEC)
  • Francophone Mobility
  • Religious Workers
  • Academics

For Canadian employers

If you are a Canadian employer looking to hire a foreign worker(s) or transfer an international employee to Canada, Kanset will provide you with a solution for the most efficient way of bringing personnel to Canada. Kanset also delivers an extensive network of employers to match staffing needs. Based on our comprehensive knowledge of and experience in Canada’s labour market, Kanset has helped hundreds of companies to hire qualified workers and secure work permits.

Please see our Employers page for more information on how we help connect Canadian companies with foreign workers.

Am I eligible to work and/or immigrate to Canada?

Studying—our licensed educational consultants guide students to the right school and program

Canada’s education system is consistently ranked one of the best in the world, including its extensive and renowned list of universities, colleges and other specialized learning institutions. Canadian graduates (and post-graduates) are in demand both globally and domestically, working in every field and profession. Canada offers reasonable tuition fees, a safe and comfortable standard of living and a dynamic, multi-cultural population.

Kanset’s licenced educational consultants have established relationships with all major Canadian universities and colleges, dedicated to guiding students to the program and school that best matches their abilities and goals. Our goal is to maximize your chances to obtain a study permit in Canada.

Our consultants help students with school selection, registration and obtaining the required acceptance confirmation, as well as applying for a Canadian Study Permit. We also assist with working-while- studying options; co-op work permits; post-graduate work permits; and temporary residence applications for accompanying family members.

Kanset can also help students who wish to become Canadian Permanent Residents.

Ask a question about studying in Canada