page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-346,bridge-core-3.0.1,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-theme-ver-28.8,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.7.0,vc_responsive


Helping you find the best way to immigrate to Canada

Canada is one of the best countries in the world to live and work in, with many paths to achieving immigration. Because each immigrant’s journey is unique, Kanset offers individualized services and support to guide applicants through what can be a daunting and often complex process.

From choosing the right immigration entry program to completing the forms and following up to ensure a successful application, our team’s combined knowledge and experience is with you every step of the way.

Immigration through economically based programs

If you are a professional or a skilled tradesperson, or have experience working in Canada and are looking for Permanent Residence status, there are several economically based government programs that you may qualify for.

You can apply for any of these through Canada’s online Express Entry system, designed to fast-track applicants (average processing time is six months) who may have skills Canada needs.

Each of the following programs has its own eligibility requirements, and you must complete an online profile to apply through Express Entry.

If you meet the requirements—a Comprehensive Ranking System rates your skills, experience, if you have a valid Canadian job offer, education, and English- or French-language abilities—your profile is placed in a pool with other applicants. Periodically, the highest-ranking applicants are invited to apply for Permanent Residence status. If you receive an invitation to apply, you have 90 days to submit an application for Permanent Residence status.

The following programs use Express Entry:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program – Canada needs more skilled workers and this program offers qualified candidates with specific skills, one year’s experience, and language proficiency, the opportunity to gain permanent residency.
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program – This program offers skilled trades people (e.g. industrial, electrical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, technical, chefs, butchers and bakers) who have offers of employment and meet language requirements the opportunity to gain permanent residency.
  • Canadian Experience Class – A program for Temporary Foreign Workers who have at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date, and who meet Canadian language requirements.
  • Provincial Nominee Programs – Based on their specific needs, each Canadian province (except Quebec, which has its own system) and two territories in Canada have their own programs and criteria for immigration; if you are interested in settling in a particular province, one of these programs may be for you.Eligibility differs between paper-based programs (non-Express Entry) and the online federal Express Entry stream. There are occupation-based programs, in which a province/territory is looking for immigrants with criteria including specific skills, work experience or job offer within the province, as well as other programs based on having a close family member residing in that province.
  • Quebec Programs – Quebec Skilled Worker and Quebec Experience Class (PEQ) The Province of Quebec has separate immigration programs from all other provinces. If you are interested in living in Quebec, and are a professional, skilled worker, have work experience in Quebec, or are a foreign student studying in Quebec, there are several programs you may be eligible for. There are also business programs designed for entrepreneurs, investors and self-employed workers.

Do I qualify for an economically based immigration program?

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is it possible to obtain an Invitation to Apply for Express Entry without an offer of employment from a Canadian employer?

Yes. However, only those with higher education, who are under 35 years old, and with a high level of English and/or French are generally able to accumulate enough points to gain an Invitation.

2. What are the best ways of improving my ranking in the CRS other than having a job offer from a Canadian employer?

One of the best ways is to improve your English and/or French-language test scores. We recommend that applicants have an individual tutor who is familiar with the format of either the IELTS-G or the CELPIP-G test, which is required for your Express Entry application.

3. Must I have post-secondary education to apply through Express Entry?

While the Express Entry program doesn’t officially require post-secondary education qualifications, it is required for most professions in the NOC (National Occupation Classification) levels, A and B, which are the required levels for immigration. Also, the higher your education level, the more points you will receive under the CRS. For example, an applicant with a secondary-school application receives 30 points, while one with a Bachelor’s degree receives 120.

Immigration for entrepreneurs, investors and self-employed candidates

There are several Canadian government programs for immigrants seeking Permanent Residence status. Click on the following links to learn more.

Am I eligible to immigrate to Canada as an entrepreneur, investor or self-employed?

Immigration for Family Class Sponsorship

The Canadian government recognizes that families wish to stay together and has several ways for citizens and permanent residents (over 18 years of age) to sponsor loved ones from abroad. Talk to your Kanset consultant to find out other programs that include family members not listed below. Family Class Sponsorship programs include:

  • Spousal and Family Sponsorship – allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to become permanent residents.
  • Dependent Child Sponsorship – allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor dependent (both natural and adopted) children to become permanent residents.
  • Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship – allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor their parents/grandparents to become permanent residents.
  • Super Visa – allows parents/grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to come to Canada for up to 2 years.
  • Provincial Nominee Programs – Some Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) offer Family Sponsorship programs that may be easier to qualify for than the Federal Family Class category of immigration.

Am I eligible to sponsor a family member from abroad?